🎮 'The Dungeon' - The First Streamlit-Based Dungeon Crawler Game

Hi!

Some of you may already be aware of my love for Streamlit’s versatility. I’ve been working on a new project for some time and its demo is now ready to be shown to the community! :slight_smile:

The Dungeon: a streamlit dungeon crawler game

Desktop app:

Mobile

Works best on Android and Chrome. If you would like to help me out with iOS and Safari, you are more than welcome. Btw. please note the JS hack for buttons and auto scrolling feature :wink:

Comments

1. Code is open: github
  2. My objective was to maximize the use of Streamlit and Python and only resort to JavaScript when necessary. I’m quite pleased with the outcome.
  3. If you would like to join me in The Dungeon development, please pop me a DM!

Roadmap

1. Serious code refactor :wink: I plan to keep level parameters for animate and inanimate objects in easily modifable JSON
  2. Additional levels
  3. RPG mechanics - experience points, weapons etc.

Questions

1. Do you want to know more details about the engine and the development process? (for example, levels can be “drawn” in Google Spreadsheets and imported to the game)
  2. I’ve used quite a few visual hacks for streamlit - would you be interested for some tutorials in this area?
  3. How would you like the project to develop further?
6 Likes

I, for one, would love to read some posts about how you developed this. Just amazing. Well done, @TomJohn!

1 Like

Editable data frames are game changer :wink:

Dear Streamlit users, I would like to bring your attention to the game-changing editable data frames feature. Check out the live example featuring the MVP of The Dungeon level editor to witness its impressive capabilities firsthand!

https://dungeon-editor.streamlit.app/

editor

1 Like

Hi Guys & Gals!

Small update:

The Dungeon project is still alive and in the development :slight_smile:

1. In February, the app code was completely refactored; currently, it is much more user-friendly to read and modify.
  2. Currently, monsters are pursuing the player (with some probability in order not to make the game too hard).
  3. Additional levels soming soon!
  4. The Dungeon Creation Tutorial Series: I plan to write a few mini tutorials for the community, so everybody can code their own The Dungeon :dagger:
1 Like

Hi Guys & Gals!

Small update:
Level2 beta tests are now live

level2

Random level generator: work in progress

random

1 Like