This is what happens when i try to deploy my app

ModuleNotFoundError: This app has encountered an error. The original error message is redacted to prevent data leaks. Full error details have been recorded in the logs (if you’re on Streamlit Cloud, click on ‘Manage app’ in the lower right of your app).

Traceback:

File "/home/adminuser/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/streamlit/runtime/scriptrunner/script_runner.py", line 552, in _run_script
    exec(code, module.__dict__)File "/mount/src/legal-topic-classifier/app.py", line 2, in <module>
    import tomotopy as tp

It sounds like you haven’t included tomotopy in your app’s requirements

Can you make sure you have tomotopy in requirements.txt (or environment.yml, etc.)

See App dependencies - Streamlit Docs

I’m still encountering troubles, my requirements file looks like this:
tomotopy==0.12.4
numpy>=1.25
streamlit>=0.90

this is what chat gpt says Version discrepancies between libraries can sometimes lead to compatibility issues, but in your case, the version differences between the libraries (tomotopy, numpy, and streamlit) seem reasonable and shouldn’t be causing the specific problem you’re encountering, especially since your local environment is working fine.

The issue you’re facing, where your app runs locally but encounters errors on Streamlit Sharing, is more likely due to differences in the deployment environment, server configurations, or platform-specific factors. These types of issues can be challenging to diagnose without direct access to the deployment environment.

That’s why it’s recommended to seek assistance from Streamlit’s official support channels or the community forum. They can provide guidance based on their platform’s behavior and help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue effectively.

It works for me.

Can you share your git repo?

https://github.com/orenbareket/Legal-Topic-Classifier/tree/main

i appreciate your help!

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 31 באוג׳ 2023 ב-16:58 מאת ‪Zachary Blackwood via Streamlit‬‏ <‪notifications@streamlit.discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Can you rename Requirements.txt to requirements.txt and see if that fixes it? Can you also look at the logs in Community Cloud while it installs the requirements and see if there are any issues?

omg look like this was the problem, thanks a lot!

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 31 באוג׳ 2023 ב-17:34 מאת ‪Zachary Blackwood via Streamlit‬‏ <‪notifications@streamlit.discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.