Website crashes during file upload

I’m using a file_upload widget. When I upload a smaller file (15 second video), the website performs fine.
When I upload a larger video (1.12 gb video), the upload takes a long time and then it crashes the website after a while.

The logs show:

[manager] Streamlit server consistently failed status checks
[manager] Please fix the errors, push an update to the git repo, or reboot the app.

It seems like the file upload blocks status checks and so streamlit sharing thinks the website is dead.

2 questions:

1. How do I get rid of this problem?
  2. Can I do anything to make streamlit sharing file upload quicker? When I run the app locally the upload happens 10x faster
1 Like

Hi @kevinlinxc,

I assume the crash is due to the size of the video. Does it work with smaller size ones?

Would it be possible to get our hands on the code for a review?

Thanks,
Charly

Yes, the code is here: UnpauseFFRK/website.py at master · kevinlinxc/UnpauseFFRK · GitHub, although it’s just the default file_uploader pretty much so I’m not sure what I could change

1 Like

Thanks @kevinlinxc

Does it work with smaller size videos?

Charly

Yes.

New intel: it also crashes when hosting on Heroku. It’s definitely recognizing the 4gb limit I set because it displays it, but I guess it just crashes for another reason.

I think it’s probably crashing because of ram limitations, but that doesn’t answer why the file uploading is so sluggish