You can analyze your all time habits too! by choosing the option from the drop down menu on the sidebar.
Welcome to the forum @mennanist!
Well I guess 2021 is the year I open a Goodreads account so I can track my reading habits can’t use the app without a sample data, but the pink design is neat
Thank you! It’s been an amazing experience working on Streamlit, it made life easy.
and you can test it out with this sample!
Great, thanks some thoughts that occured to me when running it:
- I love the little touches like “Your average rating for this year is 3.57! you’re basically a pro!” . You could wrap this into a
st.infoto make it more visible.
- I’d like to be able to see a breakdown of books that got 5 stars for example, maybe in a
beta_expanderunder the plot for example!
- Even more interactive, though that may be a bit demanding in terms of effort, would be to click on a part of the plotly chart (like “4 star rating”) and populate the expander.
- why complex? you would need a custom streamlit-plotly component to manage the interactivity. See streamlit_scatterplot_selection and corresponding blog article, sadly I’ve not published a full component for this
- while I didn’t write one for plotly, there’s a Bokeh bidirectional component that would do the trick, but this requires to transform all the graphs into Bokeh.
That’s it for random ideas
Thank you! I will definitely consider this in 2021!