How to add notifications to Streamlit app?

Please, take a look at the following image. Is it possible to implement such kind of notification in Streamlit?

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 17.20.12

I just want to inform a user that a Celery task is finished.

Web browser based push notification will work also. Not sure whether it is possible to implement such kind of notification in Streamlit or not.

1 Like

Same question, wait for response.

Hello @chingyen, @blackout65

As far as I’m aware Push notifications are not yet available but let me suggest them to the team and find out more about it :slight_smile:

Best,
Charly

Hey @chingyen, @blackout65!

I’ve feedback from the Devs! :raised_hands:

If they’re asking for in-browser toasts, I believe we have that planned for this quarter.
But if they want desktop notifications, that’s not scheduled yet.
But a component could easily do it!

So, are you guys up to build a custom components? :wink:
You can start here → Publish a Component - Streamlit Docs

Happy Streamlitin’! :balloon:

Best,
Charly

Hi @Charly_Wargnier ,

Just wanted to share some potential features for notification toasts, which I know are somewhere down the roadmap. Just some thoughts in case they are helpful.

• Adding a “close” or “X” button so users can dismiss the notification after reading it.

• Setting height, width, and position (center of screen, top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right) of the notification toast.

• Adding to the body of the notification toast not only text, but also a url (e.g., to link to a privacy policy document) or even injecting some html.

• Choosing if the app in the background is greyed out / disabled or not, when the notification toast shows up.

2 Likes

Thanks, @marduk, for your suggestions! :pray:

I’ve passed them over to the Dev team.

I sincerely apologise as your answer slipped through the net.

Best wishes,
Charly

1 Like

No problem at all @Charly_Wargnier , just wanted to share some ideas in case the Dev team finds them helpful :slight_smile: Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Hi @marduk , have a look at Custom notification alert box

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @marduk ,
Any code snippet on setting the height width and position for the pop up would be really helpfu;.
I am unable to find the documentation of ToastNotifier().

Thank you.

Hey there @01apoorva10 ,

Notification toasts are not available yet in Streamlit as a native component; in my previous message I was just sharing some ideas for the dev team to consider.

If you don’t want to wait for the Streamlit-native notification toasts, @Shawn_Pereira kindly pointed us to a custom component someone built:

Cheers!

Hi, you could also go to pipi and search for ‘toast’ (Search results · PyPI). There are some packages that you may want to give a try.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @Shawn_Pereira . Can you please fix the URL in your reply? I guess you meant pypi.org :slight_smile:

Thanks @marduk for pointing that out. :slight_smile:

1 Like