How to google my app?

google search console give me 2 ways to search my app in google.

1. given html file have to be uploaded in my app
    I’ve tried with two code uploading the html file.
    1))
    p = open("google~~.html") components.html(p.read())

2))
HtmlFile = open("google~~~.html", 'r',encoding='utf-8') source_code = HtmlFile.read() print(source_code) components.html(source_code, height=450, scrolling=False)
but they doesn’t work.

1. insert given html tag in section
    but I don’t know what streamlit code can access not

what can I do??

Hey @backalley_lab,

I guess you’re trying to get your app indexed by Google, so other people can find it via Google Search? This is unfortunately not possible right now. But indexability is one of our top priorities and we want to work on it over the next few months! Can I ask where you are deploying your app?

Cheers, Johannes

Hey Johannes,

I was wondering if this issue is solved now?

Thanks for a short update!

Cheers, Michael

Yes, it is.

So could you maybe point me to some resource explaining how it is done?

I saw the community one. I would like to do it on a private one.

Thanks and BR
Michael

Streamlit has excelent documentation, you can expect that most of your questions will have an answer there.

I don’t get that. There is nothing for Google to index in private apps. What are you expecting exactly?

Sorry, i did not mean a private one. Just one which is not publicly available. I mean, therefore it is necessary to open-source your code, right?

No, availability of the application is orthogonal to availability of the code.

If the application is not publicly available then it is not available to search engines, so there is nothing there for them to index.

Ok, i will give it a go then!

Thanks for the help Goyo!

This isn’t really solved by the link to the docs because the app author can’t add and validate their own custom Streamlit Community Cloud URL to their Google Search Console properties and request that it gets crawled and indexed. At the moment you just have to wait for Google to find it and crawl it which could take weeks. Does anyone know a way to either add the Google Search Console html verification file or GSC html meta tag to the app if you are deploying on SCC via Github? If not, are there any plans to implement this in a future version?