Mastermind game as a Streamlit app

Hello there :muscle:t2:

I’m an eager Streamlit user, it somehow changed the way we communicate with stakeholders in everyday work and it literally brings our code to life - so first of all thank you for such an amazing product!

Probably Streamlit wasn’t supposed to be used to design game apps, but here’s my try: a Streamlit rendition of Mastermind code-breaking game!

You can try it out yourself here: https://streamlit-mastermind.herokuapp.com - the best ux is on desktop browsers (I embedded a bunch of emoji directly in the code, which I suspect might be not so recommended…)

I stole a couple of gists from the community (e.g. session state, rerun) to achieve the result, so I owed you one :wink:

6 Likes

Hi @sis, welcome to the Streamlit community!

The app looks really polished, but it’s not really clear how to play…maybe add some instructions to the top of the app?

Best,
Randy

Hi @randyzwitch,

thanks for the reply: I followed your advice by adding some game instructions to the top of the app, together with a link to the detailed game rules on Wikipedia - you can check it out through the Heroku link.

The ux is definitely better now, so thanks again!

(of course, any other comment or suggestion is more than welcome)

Best,

Silvio

2 Likes