I tried to built this app, for searching scientific publications using specific keywords, and obtain simple analytics related to the publications (download batches of aticles), published journals and author’s network etc. Heres the link to the app - SciLit.
Yes, I did try it ! I’m planning to implement it in one of my ‘fun-with Streamlit’ projects , will post you on it for sure . Again, I must mention, the component trackers forum by the community is superb helpful , and I would like to make more use of it!
Oh, yeah , why not ! This latest Streamlit update with the caching functions , as well as the hamburger menu, seems perfect to test within this basic app, and I’m glad I could straight away implement it !
Hi @Kareem_Rasheed_babat ,
Thanks for your comment. This is something I have also faced at times, but normally the search result duration varies according to the batches of publications I try to load at a time, sometimes also the hour (time) of fetching the data, since the app uses NCBI -PubMed Database for the search queries. What about trying with your same search queries, in some other time ? Does it still persist?
The best possible solution can be to switch to some other database, which I may try to implement some other time.
Neverthless, thank you for trying out this demo app of mine . Do let me know if you have some feedbacks
Hi @karelin , thanks for the heads up ! I dint get much time to dig into Scholarly yet, but yeah ArXiv looks to be promising, there are few python wrappers as well, I’ll check onto them and surely, update you. Stay in touch Cheers, Avra
Hi @karelin , Glad to see you here once again. You are absolutely right.
The error message pops up for me as well . Needs to be fixed . And also, I do remember your suggestion about integrating ArXiv (thank you for that ). It’s quite written, but since I’m on holidays, can’t update it rn (and fix this current issue). Apologies for this delay
Will keep you posted here. And yeah, Happy New Year @karelin