Screencast not working on Firefox

I’m seeing:

Due to limitations with some browsers, this feature is only supported on recent desktop versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Even though I’m on Firefox 117.0 (64-bit) on Linux.
My browser is introducing itself as:

User-Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0

What is the exact problem and what is the specific question?

It’s in the subject: " Screencast not working on Firefox"

Regarding your issue with Streamlit, it appears that you’ve encountered a compatibility problem despite using Firefox 117.0 on Linux. Streamlit generally supports Firefox, but specific browser versions and configurations can sometimes lead to compatibility issues. To address this, you can take a few steps.

Firstly, check if your Firefox browser is running the latest version. Sometimes, updating to the most recent release can resolve compatibility problems. It’s important to ensure that your browser is configured correctly. Certain browser extensions or settings might conflict with Streamlit. Try temporarily disabling extensions to see if that makes a difference.

If the issue persists, you might want to experiment with alternative browsers like Chrome or Edge as a temporary workaround. Sometimes, a different browser can provide a smoother experience with Streamlit.

Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies is another step to consider. Cached data can occasionally lead to problems, so clearing them and restarting your browser might help.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, it’s a good idea to report the issue to Streamlit’s support or community forum. They may provide more specific insights or workarounds tailored to your particular setup and issue. Browser compatibility can be complex, and their expertise can be valuable in finding a solution.

It works perfectly for me in Firefox 116. My best guess is that the latest Firefox 117 has some bugs that doesn’t allows the screencast. If possible can you try with version 116 of Firefox

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.