Set tab title to something other than “Streamlit”

I got some comments / complaints from users that the title of their browser tab on every page of my app is “Streamlit”. :expressionless:

I only didn’t realize this until now because Streamlit doesn’t work on my Linux desktop browser for some reason, so when I develop I use my iPhone to check if the site looks as intended.

How do I override “Streamlit” with the page title?

Incidentally, if you can do the same to the footer without hacking the library, that would be a nice to have (but not that important). The tab title, however, is a dealbreaker.

You want to use the page config options. Like so:

st.set_page_config(page_title="My Tab Title")

See more on it here:

1 Like

Ah ha! Thank you Marcos!!!

Oh wait… I already had that set on every page but the title of the browser tabs still = “Streamlit”…

Hmm. is it at the top? It has to be like the first st.something command i think.

Hmm interesting. So it was the first st command yes, but now it’s working on another computer and I haven’t changed anything. I will see if I can replicate it on another device…

It could just be a browser cache thing.

It turns out that even if you change or hide any of the Streamlit branding it still shows up under these conditions:

1. until everything loads fully
  2. If there’s any error
  3. when the page has been loaded too long

So… time to edit the Streamlit library source

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.