SkyAR: Castle in the Sky

Hi All! I built my first public Streamlit app here:

https://share.streamlit.io/thoppe/streamlit-skyar

I adapted a neat DL paper I saw recently that allows you to compose a sky with a landscape picture. The full code uses video, but for this I just wanted to experiment with an image.

Let me know what you all think!

Side note: Iā€™ve been having some problems with resource limits, so Iā€™m experimenting with TTL and max_entries in @st.cache, anyone else have this problem?

5 Likes

This is super cool!

Side note: Iā€™ve been having some problems with resource limits, so Iā€™m experimenting with TTL and max_entries in @st.cache , anyone else have this problem?

Yup! You should set up a TTL or youā€™ll invariably hit resource limits. This is something weā€™re actively thinking about, but for now thatā€™s the solution.

If that doesnā€™t work for you, please let us know

As a new user, and especially for streamlit sharing, I had no idea this would kill the app. As soon as my post got popular it went down, which is counterproductive to both of us!

Some suggestions:

1. Default TTL and max_entry limits that would keep most image apps in bounds
  2. Warnings when deploying a model with an unbounded cache
  3. Notes to the user ā€“ the ā€œAPP IS CONSUMING TOO MANY RESOURCESā€ isnā€™t helpful in solving the problem, maybe a note suggestion caching might be an issue would go a long way.
  4. Logs for when an app goes down. This should be pretty easy since you already have our email address and you can tell if an app is giving a resource error. Relying on twitter isnā€™t the best option.
1 Like

:100: Agreed on all counts! Those are exactly the kinds of things weā€™re working on.

Just sent out a PR to improve this:

Notes to the user ā€“ the ā€œAPP IS CONSUMING TOO MANY RESOURCESā€ isnā€™t helpful in solving the problem, maybe a note suggestion caching might be an issue would go a long way.

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

To anybody looking for this, Iā€™ve sunset thoppe/streamlit-skyar on Streamlit sharing to make run for new programs. All the code can be found on GitHub - thoppe/streamlit-skyAR: Streamlit demo of the skyAR model

Hi, your share page in streamlit can not open, please check.

Yes you are correct. Streamlit sharing only allows for three apps so Iā€™ve disabled this one. That was what I said in the previous comment.