Unsuccessful install because of click 7.1.2

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling streamlit to hopefully resolve an issue with tabs. This proved to be a very bad idea. I simply did

pip -m uninstall streamlit

and then

pip install streamlit

And got the error:

Summary

ERROR: pip’s dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.

black 22.6.0 requires click>=8.0.0, but you have click 7.1.2 which is incompatible.

Successfully installed click-7.1.2

Any ideas? I feel very stupid for evidently playing with fire

Install clik>=8.0.0.

I installed click using
pip install -U click

Then when I tried to install streamlit again I got output ending with:

Installing collected packages: click
Attempting uninstall: click
Found existing installation: click 8.1.3
Uninstalling click-8.1.3:
Successfully uninstalled click-8.1.3
ERROR: pip’s dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.

black 22.6.0 requires click>=8.0.0, but you have click 7.1.2 which is incompatible.

Successfully installed click-7.1.2

So it needs click>=8.0, which I had, but then uninstalled it.

Streamlit was already installed, there was no need to install it again.

Yeah I made a mistake uninstalling it, but it’s not installed now. If I try to use it I get
“-bash: /Users/sam/opt/anaconda3/bin/streamlit: No such file or directory”

Any idea how I can reinstall?

You can install streamlit with pip install streamlit but I don’t think it will be installed in /Users/sam/opt/anaconda3/bin/streamlit”. I guess you can also use anaconda instead of pip, but I can’t help you with that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.