🗞️ Weekly Roundup: Streamlit shorts, components API updates, LOTR text generators and more!

Welcome to the Weekly Roundup! :wave:

12/14/20 - 12/20/20
Issue - V32

Every week we’ll share community-driven apps and articles that were shared with us during the previous week as well as any major announcements from Streamlit. If there is anything we missed feel free to add it in a comment or @ us on Twitter!

• :newspaper: = articles
  • :tv: = videos
  • :balloon: = apps

:new: Streamlit Updates

• If you haven’t signed up for Streamlit sharing yet - join here. If you have - send a dm to @tc1 or @randyzwitch to get access!
  • Check out the Streamlit sharing badge for your GitHub repos:
    Open in Streamlit
  • Streamlit Version 0.73.0 was released
  • The updates to allow-same-origin made possible three awesome components: Streamlit player, disqus, and discourse from @okld :clap:
  • Introducing Streamlit shorts! Quick video guides to answer common questions and explain core functionalities
  • Check out this Q&A with @amanda_kelly from Open Core Summit 2020

Tutorials/Introduction

Science and Tech

NLP & Language

Data Visualization

CV & Images

Games/Fun

Finance & Business

Geography & Society

Model Building & Training

General

:sunglasses: Cool happenings and other things

:footprints: Follow us

4 Likes

Hi @Jessica_Smith :blush:

First of all, on behalf of Hello Ebbot, thank you so much for mentioning our blog in the NLP & Language category. I was wondering if you can help me change the link to the actual blog instead of my LinkedIn post? Here is the link to the blog for your convenience: Extending SentenceTransformers to Swedish Language

Thank you so much again :blush:

Stay safe and take care,

Mia

2 Likes

Welcome to the Streamlit community @Mia_Le! Thanks for pointing out the incorrect link, I’ve switched it above.

Best,
Randy

Hi Randy,

Thank you for helping me correct it! And I’m so excited to be in the community.

Best regards,
Mia

2 Likes