Can't log into my account

Hi all,
For some reason, I can’t seem to log into my account again. Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong?

2 Likes

Hi @igezeani :wave:

Thanks for letting us know. What sign in method (Google, GitHub, Email, SSO) did you use before you were shown this message? Could you also share your GitHub username? That info will help me relay your issue to our Cloud team.

Best,
Snehan

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I signed up with my GitHub account (username: ignatiusezeani). Surprisingly, any time I try to log in now it takes me back to a Google login interface and ends up throwing that error.

This is really frustrating as I could not demo the app with my team. Please do kindly help.

Regards,
Ignatius Ezeani

1 Like

@igezeani Thanks for your patience. Would you mind emailing support@streamlit.io about the issue? Our team will work with you to get this resolved ASAP.

1 Like

Thanks Snehan. Yes I have done that before and I am copying the support team again. I hope they get back soon with some solution

Regards,
Ignatius Ezeani

1 Like

I have the same issue. Using mobile, during the initial login through github, an error occured. Now it wont let me login with that option. No matter what i do, even clicking public apps brings me to the Google login, which i don’t want to use. Tried clearing cache and same issue. It seems that something is stuck and keeps launching authentication from this point.

3 Likes

This is happening to me too.

2 Likes

Are you getting an error when you go to the admin url: https://share.streamlit.io/
Or are you getting an error when you try to navigate directly to your app?

If you get the error at the admin url, check that you haven’t renamed/moved/deleted any repository that you have deployed. I’ve read of others getting stuck because Streamlit Cloud was hung up not able to locate all the app repositories/files it expects to.

1 Like

I run into the same exact problem. Tried clearing cache, cookies, everything. We used to be able to sign in via Github, why does it force us to use Google now?

I’ve read of others getting stuck because Streamlit Cloud was hung up not able to locate all the app repositories/files it expects to.

Nothing has changed on the Github side of things. It seems any users who didn’t use Google to authenticate run into this issue periodically. I’m locked out of my app for the foreseeable future until this gets resolved.

1 Like

@HSB-sk Have you ever used Gmail/Gsuite to log into Streamlit Community Cloud in the past?

1 Like

@Caroline thanks for the quick reply- no I have never used Gmail or Gsuite to log in before, only Github. I’m using my company email, and we aren’t Google-based.

1 Like

@HSB-sk Can you DM me your GitHub username and I’ll take a look on the backend?

@Caroline will do.

1 Like

@Caroline how do I send a DM? Can’t find it

1 Like

You can also shoot an email to support@streamlit.io and I’ll get it there

@Caroline got it, thanks- will give that a shot instead.

I’m having the same issue. I’m using Replit as the IDE, and the Streamlit app is working locally, but when I try sign in to https://share.streamlit.io/ I get the 403 error.

Tried mailing support yesterday, but no reply yet…

1 Like

I have the same issue right now, authenticating with github and once I am “logged in” i get redirected to google login. Same thing happens on edge, firefox, and chrome.

Once I get it, I no longer have the option of logging in with github if I return to the login page, just get redirected to the google login page. Help please. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you ever get a solution @igezeani?

1 Like

Hi @igezeani
I am having the same issue now. Did you manage to solve the problem?

1 Like