Please remove the streamlit welcome message

Well, as the title says, I personally find the welcome message really frustrating. It creates problems out of nowhere, especially when you have an application that generates data and feeds them automatically to a streamlit dashboard in a user-unattended manner.

Running it like streamlit run my_script.py --server.headless true doesnt work for me (and other fellow members of the community if I understand well from so many relevant posts here and on SO).
The only solution seeems to be the creation a credentials.toml with an empty string for the value of the email key as described here

What happens if the user already has a credentials.toml? I wouldnt like to have mine getting overwritten without me knowning if I was a user.

Or if the user has a general section in the credentials.toml but with no email key. The python code that generates the data (the model on a MVC pattern, streamlit being the View) should then reconstruct the toml keeping all original settings, append email="" under the general section and save it back in the ~/.streamlit folder.

Dont you find all that really annoying?

Thanks

Hi @gmiliotis,

streamlit run my_script.py --server.headless true works for me, so I canโ€™t help you with that. I suppose you could try streamlit run --server.headless true my_script.py in case the order of arguments is somehow affecting you, or upgrading your streamlit version in case itโ€™s a bug with the old one.

However, I think the best solution to your problem is to edit the appโ€™s .streamlit config file, which I myself just learned about from googling around and reading this post by marychiou here

# .streamlit/config.toml in the app's directory
[server]
headless = true

This .streamlit/ folder is in your appโ€™s folder and controlled and distributed by you, so there is no risk of overwriting user data like in the other proposed solution. You also do not need to manipulate any files at runtime to use it.

Hope this works for you!

If that still doesnโ€™t work, apparently piping the output of streamlit to /dev/null (or NUL) on windows will suppress the dialogue.