Server error [A15]: Error creating workspace What does this mean?

Hi @PATHIK_GHUGARE and @m-hammaad,

I’ve escalated this issue to Devs.

We’ll come back to you shortly.

Best,
Charly

Quick question @PATHIK_GHUGARE and @m-hammaad: have you tried changing your GitHub Login?

I’m only asking as it seems that the A15 error appears when users have changed their GitHub Login.

Thanks
Charly

@PATHIK_GHUGARE and @m-hammaad:

Feedback from Devs:

Switching back would fix it. We’re also looking now into a possible improvement in our code handling of this for this specific case. If it’s very urgent and important we could manually edit the DB entry.

Let me know if that helps?

Thanks,
Charly

I am not sure what you mean by “changing login” but I did change my username after which this issue started to occur so I also tried relinking my GitHub account again by revoking the access of streamlit from GitHub and then relinking it but it was not resolved.

Yeah, since this is my first deployed project and I have already linked it in my resumes too so it would be really helpful if you can manually edit the DB :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hello Charly,

I have recently changed my Github name as well.

Is there a way how I can fix the issue myself without renaming the Github account (I don’t want to rename it since my last Name was missing in the old account name).
If not, could you also relay the message to change the DB manually for my account?

linked Github (new name) is:

old name was:

https://github.com/MaximilianSoeren

Best regards,

Maximilian.

1 Like

Any updates @Charly_Wargnier ?

1 Like

Hi @m-hammaad @PATHIK_GHUGARE @MSoerenPollak

If switching back to the old GH name is indeed an issue, I will have chat with the Devs to see if they could manually edit the DB entries.

In the meantime, could you please specify:

• Your old Github username
  • Your new Github username

Many thanks,
Charly

Hello Charly,

thanks for the reply.

Here are the usernames as requested:

OLD Github username:

MaximilianSoeren

NEW Github username:

MaximilianSoerenPollak

If you need any additional information, let me know.

Best

Maximilian

1 Like

Thanks @MSoerenPollak!

I’ve just passed your details to Devs.

I’ll let you know when ready :slight_smile:

Best,
Charly

Hey @Charly_Wargnier,

• Old Github username: patrickbro13
  • New Github username: pathikg
1 Like

Thanks @PATHIK_GHUGARE

May I just check, in order for this to work you have to delete your apps before we can change your Github username.

Is it possible for you to delete the apps(s)?

Thanks
Charly

Yes, @Charly_Wargnier I’ve deleted all my apps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great. I’ve let the Devs know.
Hopefully, it shouldn’t be too long for that switch to happen.
I’ll let you know when done :slight_smile:

Best,
Charly

Hi,

I just got my application approved for access to the Streamlit Cloud. When I tried to deploy my first app, I was facing this “Error creating workspace” issue. I thought it was due to the code implementation of my Streamlit app. However, when I was trying to deploy the sample template, this issue persists.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

Hi,

I’ve changed the name of a Github organization I own, and now I have this same problem. Is there a way now to fix it? Thanks

Hi @Charly_Wargnier, same problem for me here. I changed my GitHub username and now I’m not able to deploy anything.

old username: koti
new username: menkotoglou

Hey @Charly_Wargnier, having the same issues here as well.

• Old Github username: squaddaffi
  • New Github username: parkerik

Hi @Charly_Wargnier ! Is it still possible to have my account details modified in the db as well? Just got back to trying streamlit again but am still getting the same errors. Please let me know if there are other workarounds to this as well.

Old Github Username: chipsaint
New Github Username: chisantos

Thanks!

Hi @Charly_Wargnier, same issues here.

• Old GitHub username: nehtr
  • New GitHub username: voidpunk

Thanks!