Server error [A15]: Error creating workspace What does this mean?

I’ve been trying to deploy my app in streamlit sharing but keep getting the error Server error [A15]: Error creating workspace. I’m not sure but I recently changed my github username but I have revoked and reauthorized streamlit’s access to my repository.

Wondering if anyone else has any experience with fixing this error code? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @chisantos, and welcome to the Streamlit community! :balloon::raised_hands:

I’m not familiar with this issue, not something I ever come across.

It seems to me like a temporary issue. Have you tried to:

1. delete your app
  2. reconnect it to Github

Best,
Charly

Thanks @Charly_Wargnier! Tried doing both but it doesn’t seem to be working. Will just try to connect a different account hopefully it will work this time.

Chi

1 Like

Hi @Charly_Wargnier I’m having the very same issue. I tried both with my original account and a completely new account.

It could perhaps be because I recently changed my github account name, but my new account is already linked to the new github so it’s odd that I’m still getting this error.

Anyone who can help?

Hi @Chainleft

Have you tried to delete then re-link your app?

Charly

I am having the exact issue.

yeah I tried that but still it doesn’t work.

Hi @PATHIK_GHUGARE and @m-hammaad,

I’ve escalated this issue to Devs.

We’ll come back to you shortly.

Best,
Charly

Quick question @PATHIK_GHUGARE and @m-hammaad: have you tried changing your GitHub Login?

I’m only asking as it seems that the A15 error appears when users have changed their GitHub Login.

Thanks
Charly

@PATHIK_GHUGARE and @m-hammaad:

Feedback from Devs:

Switching back would fix it. We’re also looking now into a possible improvement in our code handling of this for this specific case. If it’s very urgent and important we could manually edit the DB entry.

Let me know if that helps?

Thanks,
Charly

I am not sure what you mean by “changing login” but I did change my username after which this issue started to occur so I also tried relinking my GitHub account again by revoking the access of streamlit from GitHub and then relinking it but it was not resolved.

Yeah, since this is my first deployed project and I have already linked it in my resumes too so it would be really helpful if you can manually edit the DB :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hello Charly,

I have recently changed my Github name as well.

Is there a way how I can fix the issue myself without renaming the Github account (I don’t want to rename it since my last Name was missing in the old account name).
If not, could you also relay the message to change the DB manually for my account?

linked Github (new name) is:

old name was:

https://github.com/MaximilianSoeren

Best regards,

Maximilian.

1 Like

Any updates @Charly_Wargnier ?

1 Like

Hi @m-hammaad @PATHIK_GHUGARE @MSoerenPollak

If switching back to the old GH name is indeed an issue, I will have chat with the Devs to see if they could manually edit the DB entries.

In the meantime, could you please specify:

• Your old Github username
  • Your new Github username

Many thanks,
Charly

Hello Charly,

thanks for the reply.

Here are the usernames as requested:

OLD Github username:

MaximilianSoeren

NEW Github username:

MaximilianSoerenPollak

If you need any additional information, let me know.

Best

Maximilian

1 Like

Thanks @MSoerenPollak!

I’ve just passed your details to Devs.

I’ll let you know when ready :slight_smile:

Best,
Charly

Hey @Charly_Wargnier,

• Old Github username: patrickbro13
  • New Github username: pathikg
1 Like

Thanks @PATHIK_GHUGARE

May I just check, in order for this to work you have to delete your apps before we can change your Github username.

Is it possible for you to delete the apps(s)?

Thanks
Charly

Yes, @Charly_Wargnier I’ve deleted all my apps :slight_smile:

1 Like