Streamlit Next.js Component, Auth0 Authentication, Bi-Directional Messaging & Serverless APIs

Hi - I’ve been doing a fair amount of investigation on the use of components as a way to integrate Auth0 authentication into my Streamlit apps (I need this for work and our clients). It wasn’t until components allowed CORS settings recently (>=0.74) that I started having some success (i.e. making it simple). I spent some time over the past week completing my experiments and am happy to share the implementation and detailed documentation. A shout out to @tim @randyzwitch @andfanilo @ash2shukla for earlier discussions that helped me along.

For a quick heads-up here’s the PDF documentation, and here’s the repo (replacing the older original version I had made).

As usual your code improvements and comments are most welcome as we hone our skills using awesome Streamlit!

Cheers,
Arvindra

11 Likes

Awesome stuff @asehmi !

1 Like

That’s some very thorough documentation there :heart_eyes: will have a deep look soon
Thanks for the write-up!

1 Like

Really impressive asehmi! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hey @asehmi,

Wonderful! :star_struck:

Happy Streamlit-ing!
Marisa
P.S. I’m just going to switch you topic tag from using Streamlit to Show the community so people will have a easier time finding your work in the future!

2 Likes

Yeah, you’ve helped me a lot so it’s payback time. Would love your input and improvements @andfanilo.

1 Like

window.localstorage worked a charm. Thanks!

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

1 Like

Some cool Streamlit apps you have on your site Charly.

1 Like

Thank you! More coming soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Marisa_Smith @andfanilo

I’ve updated the Auth0 integration component and built a sample app. The repo and docs have been updated. Here’s a demo:

Code for the component is here: https://github1s.com/asehmi/Data-Science-Meetup-Oxford/blob/HEAD/StreamlitComponent/auth0_login_component.py

1 Like